Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh yeah.....now I remember!






So I entered into this second internship a few weeks ago thinking that I would have a much chiller summer than last year. The new interns seemed nice and I enjoyed hanging with them, but I didn't really expect to go out with them all the time. Well I was wrong. It is always really interesting to me to watch the transition people make from their workplace personalities to their at home drinking and partying personalities. I should have written this blog right after memorial day weekend as some of the details have become blurry. Luckily, Vikas and I together can almost recreate 85% of what happened.

So the Friday of memorial day weekend, we all meet up in a few of the downstairs apartments to pregame and then head out to downtown. It was kinda of exciting because I knew that a lot of the interns had yet to go downtown. Vikas was out of town to go to a birthday party in Michigan. We headed to Tiki Bob's. It has a slightly older crowd and birdcages that you can dance in. When we showed up and a few of the interns started dancing on stage, I knew it would be an interesting night. The next day I suffered through the 3rd most horrible hangover of my life. My stomach refused to hold anything. So we stayed in Saturday night.


The next night Vikas' friend from Michigan joined us and we headed out to Broad Ripple. We got there pretty early and people were probably still napping after the Indy 500. So we went to Egyptian Room and proceeded to smoke a kiwi-strawberry hookah, drink a bottle and Riesling and pair it with french fries. Yes, the menu suggested pairing the wine with french fries. We went Rock Lobster bar and proceeded to dance and mingle. Apparently things got a little sketchy on the taxi ride home as no one had money. So we drove back downtown to an atm and returned home where apparently I went to sleep? Well, Vikas wasn't done and returned to our room with a group of three interns and three girls visiting from Purdue. They woke my ass up and we ate pies together. One of the girls was really good at guitar and I assisted with the keyboard.


They next day was Memorial Day. We went to Vikas friend’s house near Broad Ripple and swam as it started to rain. Afterwards we ate at an amazing burger place named Boogie Burger. I had a BBQ burger and posted a picture.

During the work week we attended a welcome banquet on the top floor of the Sheraton in downtown. It was full of mingling and fancy food and speeches. This last weekend we returned to Broad Ripple on Friday with a group of about 15 people. We ordered two large pizza’s from a place called Hot Box Pizza. I woke up with Vikas next to me which was a very interesting way to start the day. Vikas friend had stayed over and she took his bed haha. During the day, we walked around Mass Ave and ate at our favorite Indian Buffet which is pictured. We also purchased our Edward Sharpe tickets!



That evening we met with the interns to see Get Him to the Greek. P Diddy makes the movie. We then ate at this awesome restaurant called Scotty’s. The weather was great so we all sat on this huge table downtown. That night we all went to Howl at the Moon (the dueling piano bar), were I was given a ticket from some bachelorette for having a pleasing rear end. Hahaha. Weird and flattering. Take that Travis!! The night took an interesting turn when we decided to pay our Taxi driver with a pie. He actually hung out with us in our apartment for a few while we debated if the Who or Zeppelin is superior. We finally ended the night by chilling with a few interns on the roof! Huzzahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment