Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My first day at Lilly and recovering from the shock of living in a big city.

Okay so,

There is so much that I want to share with my friends while I am here this summer, so I feel like trying to maintain a blog will be the best way to go about it. Currently, I do not have a camera, so I am going to obtain a camera of some form in order to capture the beauty of Indianapolis.

First of all, there are a shit load of vegan and vegetarian restaurants, a bunch of people biking, eclectic architecture and a shit load of bars. Pretty awesome to start off. I have done some research about the city and it appears that a district known as Broad Ripple is where I want to go. Sounds like it has the best art, venues, etc. I am overwhelmed by the amount of things I want to do before I leave here. There are about five museums within a few mile radius of me and a zoo! Since I am working for Lilly (which runs the city) I get to go everywhere either for free or severely discounted.

I still have not digested everything that has happened to me in the last few days, so as this blog progresses it should hopefully begin to make more sense, especially with pictures. My apartment is baller and backs up to a Venice, Italy style canal that runs through the city and ends at the zoo. Lilly itself ridiculous. Huge halls with marble floors. The Lilly compound is like a miniature city itself with its own post office and dry cleaners. I met a lot of the interns today and everyone was very approachable and friendly. There is a bunch of chinese interns that live in my complex and I have befriended a few. Hopefully Kung Fu movie nights are in store.

I think this is all for now. Just a note of warning. My grammar isn't the level it probably should be. I will blame it on the engineering...... So if a sentence isn't quite complete or if something sounds like a shitty movie translation. Thats why.

1 comment:

  1. I like it, just uh... watch out for the ole verb/vowel inversion

    ReplyDelete