Sooo, work has been going well. I visited the Tippecanoe plant with my mentor, which is right by Purdue campus an hour and a half north. The incinerator facility was huge!! The incinerator stack itself is over 150 ft. high, there was a kiln with a diameter of about 20ft. and was about 30 ft. long. It was awesome to actually see the equipment I have been learning about in text books for the last few years. It was also ridiculously loud. I had earplugs in and it was still uncomfortably loud. Why is it so loud? I don't know. We also went to the warehouse where all the chemical waste is stored in racks and racks of barrels. It was straight out of any movie with a "chemical plant". There were fork lifts, chains, and hooks and other assorted industrial things.
So I have been going out with the interns and I have yet to find the hang outs where I would feel most comfortable. However, I have been enjoying myself with the group. Last night we went to this german beer garden, restaurant and venue called the Rathskeller. The building was built in 1894. They served huge ass glasses of beer. Mine was filled with Guinness. Once we were good and drunk we took a taxi to Broad Ripple village. It was like the strip in Tallahassee and the area around the Engine Room times two and stuck together. We ended up at some sports bar then the Vogue. I was really excited to go to the Vogue. It is an old movie theatre that has been converted to a night club. However, instead of dance music there was a cover band playing. So,,,, I just kept drinking. Of course, like all good nights end, my friend Vikas and I instructed the taxe driver to go to opposite the side of the city we lived in and we didn't even have money to pay him. So he let us out in the middle of nowhere and it took us about an hour of drunken stumbling to get home.
Today, I walked all over the city and took a shit load of photos. I found this area called Mass Ave. There was a record store called Lunas which was awesome. It was a lot like Vinyl Fever. Things took a weird turn for me when one of the other interns stated. "This place has that vibe you know?" To which I replied "What kind of vibe?" To which he replied, "I don't know, it makes me feel weird. Like an emo vibe" Of course! I was thinking the same thing.
My internet still hasn't been set up and the connection I am mooching is horrible. So sadly, this is it for now. I took these from the canal behind my apartment.
you live on a canal.... that is seriously so cool. this is michelle by the way!
ReplyDeletelooks cool dude
ReplyDelete