Sunday, June 21, 2009

So the weekends have been getting progressively more interesting. Before I discuss that however, I will discuss my big FAIL of the week. While sitting at work and looking around at events in Indianapolis. I noticed that an artist would be in town that night that uses view masters as her medium. Her name is Vladimir and she is known as Vladmaster. She creates stories with View Master slides and presents them with music and lights and narration. I was stoked. Of course, I couldn't find anyone to go with me. So I decided to man up and check it out myself. Besides, it was at the art museum and I had wanted to go for sometime. So I plotted my route and stopped at an ATM about a half mile from my apartment. I take up money and try to open the door to my car. I locked my car keys and cell phone in the car. First I experienced denial, the hopelessness. I couldn't even call anyone to help me. After a half hour of crying I remember that I had a spare in my apartment. So I was able to walk home, take the screen off my window and get my spare. But I missed the presentation and felt like a complete loser. www.vladmaster.com

Friday night, we had a part/get together and Jenni's apartment for the interns. It involved many drinking games and drinking. Of course one of the guys was turning 21 that night. So we took him out to about five different bars/lounges/clubs. It all got extremely blurry. However, we did end up at the famous blues bar known as Slippery Noodle Inn. I recall the band there being amazing. My last recollections were of the birthday boy constantly reminding us he loved us and was having the greatest night of his life while buying us beers.

Saturday night we all got together at an interns apartment where pregaming ensued and we went to Howl at the Moon. This place is a huge bar with a giant live band on stage. The simply play songs of all and any type (Journey, Bon Jovi, The Fray,,,,Journey) and take $20 songs requests. What was awesome about this place was the feel good party atmosphere of everybody interacting with the band and singing and dancing together. They even take people from the crowd to sing the songs.

The high point/sketchiest point of the night was when we were all stumbling home and one of the guys decides to run after a hobo who passed us on his bike. He reasoning I discovered later, was that it was a Schwinn bike and therefore was too nice for it to be the hobo's property. Therefore, he was going to salvage it and return it to its owner. However, this hobo seems to have experienced this phenomenon before. He instantly jumped off his bike and entered a hobo fight stance. This is when all of the guys rushed over apologizing to the hobo trying to prevent him for killing one of us. After some negotiatation, small talk and the hobo hugging the perpetrator when went off on our way. At which point the hobo snaps, starts yelling at us and chasing us on his bike. All eight of us broke out into a sprint, and with one of us pretending to make a call to the police. Luckily that was enough to drive him away.

Pictures will follow at some point.

2 comments:

  1. So twice yesterday people came up to me and said "Have you read Dan's new blog?" to which I said "Yep." to which they replied "Hahaha, he was cryyyyying, haha."

    ReplyDelete