The next day we took a trip to the Clinton site about an hour and a half east where all the animal products are made in these HUGE fermentation tanks. It was extremely loud, hot and ungodly smelly. Literally, the smells took my breath away. Apparently, people get used to it? But the place is not for me. They took us to see Transformers 2 after wards which was awesome. However, I fell asleep during that bullshit.
Then the next day, we were taken to the orchestra downtime where they were performing Harry Potter music. It was pretty awesome, especially since there was a narrator setting the tone for each song. I did not fall asleep.
A few interns and I took a trip to Turkey Run to go hiking and canoeing that Saturday. The scenery was awesome. We canoed for two hours and hiked for two hours. My canoeing partner and I thought it would be cool to canoe under this rock crevasse near the river. However, the water just sucked us in and instantly capsized the canoe. Kinda shocking, but also refreshing.
This last weekend I went to Purdue on Thursday night and crashed at a fellow interns apartment with Vikas, whom I rode up with to Chicago. We went to this place called Neon Cactus. It was a HUGE dance floor/bar and they give you a giant mug for five dollars upon entering. The beers were $0.25 and mixed drinks were $1.75 per mug filling. Which held at least 2 beers. Needless to say, I heard stories the next morning. Apparently, I danced in the middle of the dance floor and turned down anyone who wanted to join. I'm that baller.........
The next day, we were in Chicago! I stayed at B Ross and Johnny C's apartment. We chilled and drank for a while then went to Wiccer? park to a place called the crocodile where they give you a pizza with your drink! It was salty as shit, but good if you're drunk. Hadas and Isaah met up with us for a night of drinking and dancing. Unfortunately, some bastard had to ruin the night by stealing B's purse= we couldn't get into the apartment. Fortunately, I was able to Van Damme the front door in,,,, first try. It felt good.
The next day, B's friend from Rhode Island, Carrie flew in and we met with Kate Chang and her bf Alex and this amazing brunch place called Lula's. Then we thugged out and learned a dice came from Carrie. It got intense, and by the time we finally checked the clock again we had been playing for almost three hours. We then proceeded to acquire pizza and beer and watched It's Always Sunny. That night, we walked around and enjoyed the fire works exploding over head.
The next, day I had the best middle eastern food of my young life at Sultan's. From there we went to a flea market near downtown to scope the local wares. Then I met up with Corey Lewis for a quick visit before heading back to Indy. Hurrah!




t
No comments:
Post a Comment